2019年12月16日月曜日

English teaching method:

Absorbing many vocabularies makes our working memory strong



 An apple a day keeps the doctor away... I didn't know this phrase, so I had to construct the sentence after I heard the word. But, after I remembered it completely, the sentence changed into a word. So, When I tried to say "an apple a day keeps the doctor away" for the first time, I had to remember 4phrases. an apple/a day/ keeps the doctor /away/ But, After I remembered the proverb, I had to memorize 2 words when I said "I think an apple a day keeps the doctor away. So, "I think "was one phrase and "an apple a day keeps the doctor away"was another phrase.
 The longer the sentence, the fewer I have to memorize...This is like a magic. I was amused at it, and I introduced it to one of my friends who doesn't take this lecture by LINE.


I: Hi, 〇〇〇,  I have a question.


B:なぜ英語??(Why English??)


I: What do you think makes people easier when it gets longer and longer?


B: 急に始まった!?(Something stared suddenly)
 
I:What???

B: えー... Chopsticks?? (Well...Chopsticks?)

I: No, the answer is sentence.


B: なぜに。(WHY?)

 After that, I explained it to her, and she understood. She had never thought like that. But, if we memorize words more and more, our working memory is better and better. That fact will be a big motivation for us. In fact, I have been shocked and tired in the endless problems of memorizing vocabularies: more and more I tried to memorize words, more and more I have some new words. But, I changed my mind. More and more I know some English phrase, easier and easier I can make lomg and complicated sentences. Now, we have a fun in memorizing English vocabularies.









0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

Cummins, Jim

  Cummins, Jim is  professor James Patrick Cummins who is one of the world's most influential researchers in bilingualism studies. He wa...